Job Description – Implementation Project Manager (Travel Technology)
- Open Destinations is market leading travel technology company.
- We are looking for an ambitious Project Manager to support our growth
- This opportunity is ideal for candidates excited about technology and travel with 2+ years relevant experience.
Main Job Purpose
- To manage the implementation of Open Destinations software products in a tour operating environment
- To manage the project relationship between Open Destinations and assigned Clients post-implementation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be a graduate with 2 years + experience of software implementation projects, ideally working in a travel technology company or tour operating environment
- The candidate must be passionate about technology and excited about the travel industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate project management activities with ODL clients including regular reporting and client meetings
- Document, track and communicate project issues, risks, requirements and dependencies using ODL methodology, toolkit
- Manage the delivery of professional services to meet client requirements, working closely with our Implementation Consultants and Business Analysts
- Work closely with the Client project management resource to resolve issues and ensure project tasks are completed to plan
- Ensure that quality manuals and client specific documentation are produced and available to clients
- Liaise with ODL technical resources and offshore development teams to deliver client specific developments
- Manage commercial aspects of projects including staff timesheets, expenses, development estimates, forecasts and project billing.
Skills / Attributes Required
- Experience of using project management tools and techniques
- Results orientated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Knowledge of the Travel industry, and particularly of Tour Operations, is preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of external interfaces related to the travel industry preferable but not essential
- Desire and willingness to travel if required
- Educated to degree level with good qualification