Job Title: Principal Architect
Location: Goa, India
Reporting to: VP Software Engineering
Accountable for the definition, design, and leadership on the development of all Open Destination Products. Reporting to the VP of Software Engineering, this product leadership role will work on initiatives that drive team impact/goals and milestone prioritization, agile development, partnerships and deployment. The role will work across the organization to get to consensus on a strategy, make progress and have impact. The position includes helping the team understand what the user wants and what the business needs across the all products and projects as well as the corporate level.
Role & Responsibilities
- Leading technical strategy for all Open Destination Products and projects, data architectures, moving to hosted service environment, etc.
- Creating technical specifications, correspondence and documentation to ensure team alignment.
- Verifying strategy on ensuring quality, performance and stability of releases, and deployments.
- Requiring practical, real world problem solving skills, as this team moves fast, and your role will be to help unblock barriers.
- Desiring to get their hands dirty-do the work, not just manage FTEs.
- Prioritising and reprioritising technical projects and initiatives based on new projects to our portfolio and cutting others.
10+ years of experience in product groups creating and managing new and existing products.
- Experience building cloud-scale applications on cloud platforms like Azure, AWS or GCE, should encompass the business acumen, organisational agility, and operational discipline of running a 24×7 global service.
- Proven experience in building and driving execution on large complex projects.
- Comfortable with a general-purpose programming language (C, C#, C++).
- Proficiencies should include an advanced mix of skills engaging with Engineering, Product Marketing, Sales, Service and Support.
- Strong customer first approach with ability to balance business needs versus customer requirements to deliver an optimised experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with application development practices and version control systems.
- Product design experience for enterprise software