Job Title: SaaS Executive, SaaS Operations
Location: Goa, India
Reporting to: Sr.SaaS Manager, India
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for providing world-class infrastructure for hosting ODL’s SaaS
This role will manage teams that support ODL’s mission-critical SaaS hosting infrastructure and supporting
services, working in close coordination with colleagues in London, UK.
You will be responsible for hiring, coaching, and engaging talented engineers in a fast-changing and
innovative environment. You will work closely with cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
that could include DevOps, DBA, and Network, NOC, and InfoSec professionals. You should have an
always-on mentality, a passion for metrics-driven decisions, and a desire to execute drastically
differentiated technical operations processes using cutting edge technologies. This role will include
running deep-dives into weekly metrics and escalations, leveraging your broad Operations Management
experience to raise the level of the team performance in an atypical fast paced environment and coaching
a team from a global talent pool
- Perform day to day activities of the Cloud Infrastructure teams in a global support model and
continuously keep goals and deliverables aligned with India and UK team members and management.
- Support management of colocation datacenters and cloud environments to ensure operational
- Provide guidance for resource management and operations coverage for 24x7X365 infrastructure
hosting which runs world-class SaaS applications.
- Support continued refinement and expansion of infrastructure health monitoring and incident
- Work directly with customers at all levels on escalated issues to manage customer expectations and
drive issues to resolution
- Ensure one follows the established change and incident and change management processes.
- Understand and continuously recommend improvements to Cloud Operations processes,
documentation, and tools.
- Obtain and keep up to date the organizational and technical knowledge required to perform the role.
This role requires a seasoned, skilled, independent, self-motivated, and smart individual, who is
experienced with 24×7 mission-critical cloud infrastructure, operations, processes, tools, and best
practices. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication skills, including ability to interact
and work with staff and leadership at all levels, in person as well as over email, phone, and video.
- 4+ years of experience in IT including experience in a cloud, online services, or SaaS product-based
- Significant practical experience managing or supporting large-scale on-prem and public cloud
- Sizeable Azure public cloud infrastructure.
- Setting up virtual machines on Azure.
- Practical know how of Availably Groups, Traffic Manager, CDN , Auto Scaling.
- Deploy web app across multiple regions.
- Backup & Restoring Azure VM’s
- Database Geo Replication.
- Understanding of SQL Server Services
- Ability to perform basic Database tasks – run queries, Backup DB,
- Working knowledge of SQL Studio and Visual Studio.
- Migration of on Premise IIS Website to Azure App Services.
- Monitoring Server performance and perform routine maintenance activities.
- Good understanding of Windows Server – DNS, DHCP , AD, Container, Docker, Power Shell.
- Significant practical experience with 24×7 support or administration of large-scale,
transaction-intensive, multi-site, international IT infrastructure operations involving
hundreds of servers and 99.99% SLA.
- Good working knowledge of Windows, virtualization, SQL and/or NoSQL databases,
servers, storage, web servers, networking concepts, and infrastructure security.
- Practical experience or a high level of comfort working with multiple teams in a fastmoving, agile software development environment.
- Good understanding of incident and change management processes in an agile
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to deal with ambiguous situations on a consistent basis.
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, able to work independently with minimal supervision.