Job Title: Senior Implementation Consultant
Location: London, UK
Open Destinations is looking for ambitious Implementation Consultants to support the expansion of the Company. This role is suitable for experienced candidates with several years’ experience as a consultant and/or extensive travel industry experience.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To advise new or existing clients in the implementation and use of the Travel Studio product in different Tour Operating businesses.
- To analyse, document and propose new solutions for Travel Studio related business areas and to contribute to development specifications outlining the details of any proposed changes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Will be a graduate with 5+ years’ experience working in a Tour Operator on the implementation and management of enterprise software (booking platform) and/or;
- Will have 5+ years working for a consulting or software company within the travel industry and wants to continue and develop their career in an IT/Consultancy related field;
- Will have extensive practical experience of travel technology, ideally Travel Studio or a similar enterprise level software;
- The candidate must enjoy international travel. Given the international nature of our client base, fluency in a European language would be a positive.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct user workshops with clients to understand the business requirements and translate these into recommended configurations in Travel Studio.
- Analyse and document client business processes and workflows.
- Co-ordinate and provide training on the use of the Travel Studio software
- Help produce functional specifications for System Change Requests, based on the results of business analysis of client requirements.
- Work closely with project managers, business analysts, clients, development teams and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development life-cycle.
- Assist in the design and execution of test scenarios and test scripts.
- Assist in the production and maintenance of user manuals and client specific documentation.
- Proven experience interacting directly with system end users.
- Experience of working in a Tour Operating business processes.
- Experience of product configuration and testing of tour operating software.
- Results orientated with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio effectively.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects / implementations.
- Desire to travel extensively, internationally for an average for 1-2 weeks duration at client sites (up to 30% of time).
- Must be educated to degree level.
Please send your CV or any further questions relating to this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.