Open Destinations understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our contacts and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
- Information About Us
Open Destinations Ltd is a limited company.
We are registered in England with Company number 03542910.
Our address: Unit 12, 7 Wenlock Road, London N1 7SL
Our policies and procedures with regard to handling personal data have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable national law in the UK.
- What Does This Notice Cover?
This Privacy Notice explains how we use personal data: How it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
The personal data that we use is set out in Part 5, below.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions using the details in Part 11
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you. Part 10 will tell you how to do this
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us using the details in Part 11 to find out more
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us using the details provided in Part 11.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect?
We may collect some or all of the following personal data (this may vary according to your relationship with us):
- Your work address, email address and/or phone number
- Your Company Name and Title
- Information about your preferences and interests
- Other information which you may provide in the course of discussing or using Open Destinations products and services
- How Do You Use Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for performance of a contract with you or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Managing your relationship with Open Destinations Ltd. where you are a customer of Open Destinations Ltd
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you
- Communicating with you about our products and services
- Supplying you with specific information about the company, products and services where you have declared an interest, chosen to receive this information or we believe there is a legitimate business interest in the providing this information to you
- In accordance with our legitimate interests in protecting Open Destinations’ legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes
You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose.
We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will keep your information for the length of any contractual relationship you have with us.
Where you are a prospective customer we will only retain your data until you unsubscribe from our communications.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
We will primarily store your personal data in the UK.
We may share your data within the group of companies of which we are a part (including our company in India, Open Destination Infotech Private Limited). Where this involves the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, our group ensures that personal data is protected by requiring all companies within the group to follow the same rules with respect to personal data usage.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We do not share your personal data with third party marketing or communications agencies.
In some circumstances, we may share your personal data with the below third parties:
- Our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors
- Business partners and sub-contractors
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, if we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about Open Destinations’ processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact us using the details below in Part 11. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details
Email address: [email protected]
Telephone number: 020 7553 9220
Postal Address: ODL Privacy Team, Unit 12, 7 Wenlock Road, London N1 7SL
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
Any changes will be made available via the Open Destinations website: www.opendestinations.com